A letter was sent to all the participating schools. If you did not receive the letter, please contact Joe Scott @ (765) 760-4443
TO REGISTER – Please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
Here are some of the educational opportunities at the 2018 Farm Festival:
- Corn Maze furnished by A-1 For Fun (Bob Walsh)
- The Delta FFA will be entertaining children of all ages with an abundance of farm animals
- You may touch the animals and may ask questions about the animals
- Cows will be available for milking also
- There will also be a young children’s Farm Play Area complete with grain boxes (like sand boxes) to play in
- The Farm Play Area will have a coloring area and a hammer and peg board area for young carpenters
- Different sizes of horses ranging from quarter horses to miniature horses
- Performed by Lee Miller and Will Herr
- You can see the difference between the size of the implements and the time it takes to farm, from the “old days” to now
- Large Farm Implements
- Antique Horse-Drawn Farm Implements
- Karen Wenger will be demonstrating Soap Making
- There will be a large variety of antique and new machinery
- There will be an old-fashioned “outhouse” and a “pitcher pump”
- They will demonstrate how they carve small handheld figures, animals, and other gadgets from wood
- The Purdue Extension will be having a Drone Demonstration
- The IU Health will be landing their Lifeline Helicopter at the Festival pending emergencies and bad weather.
2018 Delaware County Farm Festival Scholarship Program
The Delaware County Farm Festival Committee offers scholarships of $500 annually through our organizational scholarship program designed to help students pursue an education with a preference in agriculture, finance or an agriculture-related field of study.
- Scholarship is open to high school seniors, current college students, members of Future Farmers of America.
- Participants of the Delaware County Farm Festival who have a minimum of one year of Farm Festival Service.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Priority will be given to those pursuing a degree in any of the following agricultural-related studies:
Agribusiness and Applied Economics, Agricultural Communications, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Systems Management, Agronomy, Animal Sciences, Bio Chemistry, Botany and Plant Pathology, Entomology Food Science, Forestry and Natural Resources, Horticulture, Landscape Architecture, Youth Development and Agricultural Education, Agriculture Information Technology, Agricultural Business Management, Agricultural Sales and Marketing, or any other agricultural related field.
Submit application to:
Delaware County Farm Festival Committee c/o Becky Daugherty
301 N Co Rd 700 E
Selma IN 47383
DEADLINE: APRIL 1, 2018
Your class must be registered by March 1st to receive the complimentary teacher bags.
Sign up must be completed by March 1, 2018. Please contact Becky Daugherty with any questions at email@example.com